Skateboard Amenities Strategy
Download a PDF Copy of the Skateboard Amenities Strategy
Skateboard Amenities Strategy FAQ
What is the Skateboard Amenities Strategy?
- The Skateboard Amenities Strategy is a City of Calgary document, created by City staff at the direction from City Council (Thanks to former Alderman Joe Connelly!) with help from CASE and a consultant, which describes a plan for a network of skateparks in Calgary and provides extensive background information explaining why the skateparks are important and why they are needed
Why is the Skateboard Amenities Strategy important?
- It shows that the City (both Council and administrative staff a all levels) recognize the need for skateparks and they value they have for the community
- It shows that Council is willing to take action to make them happen (it took a lot of staff time to create the Strategy document, and the City paid a consultant for their input and expertise)
- It shows that the City is willing (and enthusiastic) about working with CASE as the representative for Calgary skaters.
- Read this FAQ if you have more questions
If you’d like to read more about how the locations for the skateparks were selected, please download this report: