Apply November 15, 2018 – January 7, 2019
The Calgary Association of Skateboarding Enthusiasts (CASE) is seeking motivated individuals that want to grow skateboarding and connect skateboarders in Calgary.
- Four (4) Board positions are open for election as of November 15, 2018
- Directors are expected to attend scheduled monthly meetings and contribute to the growth of skateboarding in Calgary
If you are interested please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and outline the position you are applying for, your reason for applying, and your interest in CASE!
If you know someone whom you believe would be a good candidate, please feel free to pass along this message or get in touch with us.
Open Board Positions:
Responsible for overseeing the management and reporting of the societies finances.
.General financial oversight
- Banking, book keeping and record keeping
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial reporting
Director of Communications
Responsible for managing and directing an organization’s internal and external communications. Directors of communications supervise public relations, create, manage, oversee, and report to board on communication strategies, and may serve as the key spokesperson and media contact for the organization.
- Creating and conveying the organization’s internal and external communications;
- Building a strong and reputable outlook on the organization, and sustaining that reputation to ensure customer satisfaction and a positive public image;
- Writing insightful and meaningful correspondence and press releases;
- Developing internal publications such as newsletters, ensuring staff are up-to-date with new information and initiatives;
- Managing organizational branding and reputation to ensure positive public perception.
Director – Social Media Expert
Working with the Director of Communications the social media expert will:
- Maintain effective relationships with the media and online groups so the organization is positively portrayed (social campaigns, events, etc.);
- Manage daily social media (content, responses, etc.)
- Multiplatform, multi-use, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Website
- Create and share relevant skateboarding content
Board Member – General
General board members will contribute to CASE projects and support Board initiatives.
- Joining existing projects and sub-committees
- Creating and developing new projects
- Maintaining positive relationships by liaising between the organization, the public, member municipalities, government departments and other stakeholders;
- Conduct impeccable research, interpret data and generate statistics
- Create and foster and maintain a strong network of support in various sectors including the three levels of government (municipal, provincial, federal), nonprofit sector, public enterprise, and philanthropic
- Foster strong business bonds and relationships with staff, media, the board and all other stakeholders
CASE is a Non-Registered Not-For Profit Society with the mission of fostering and supporting the growth of skateboarding in Calgary.